Bill's Early Bronco build

Re: Bill's Early Bronco build

Postby Bill » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:31 am

How I got free Wilwood brakes calipers: after struggling for days it was decided that I have to get different calipers or switch to some form of different brakes . They make a 1 1/2 inch bore master cylinder but it positively would not fit under my hood. After speaking to Wilwood I find out they make a twin piston caliper called a D52 which directly replaces the JB6's . Strangely enough they also make a rear version of the typically front JB6's . It's called "special application ", they have little tiny pistons to maintain the front to rear brake bias and eliminates the need for a proportional valve . Discouraged , disappointed and depressed. I go into my office to pay my last payment on a cruise my was paying for through Costco travel . The last payment was 1800 . While on the phone I asked , before I pay will you please check to see if there are any specials that may have come about . After a pause , she came back and said the the cruise line is giving 400 on board credit and they had reduced the price of the cruise by 800. Which happens to be the exact price of the new Wilwood calipers that I previously could not afford. After hanging up I immediately called and ordered the calipers . I walked into my office to pay for a cruise . I walked out having paid for a cruise and buying new brakes . The brakes were definitely free.
Attachments
IMG_5401.JPG

Postby Bill » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:20 pm

So got the Bronco running and looking ok albeit with tons of little things to fix and repair after rushing to go to the Fathers day car show at Pismo , which by the way has changed to first week in June now.
Attachments
upright6.jpg
upright-3.jpg

Postby Bill » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:27 pm

I have a front bumper, it took a couple days of fabrication to get it right. I guess my frame was sort of out of proportion and the such so I had to do some welding and cutting to get it just right . Scratched the shit out of the front grill at the same time ,, I was HOT!!! In the meantime I've been shopping for a Xenon Warn winches. They are black , I need to stick to my black and yellow motif. Cant say I will ever use it , but i'll have it . Now I need to mount the ARB compressor then run the line to the rear ARB air locker and see if John Bahr and I did it right when we put it in . It was used so I had to order then install some new parts for it .
Attachments
upright4.jpg
5.jpg

Site Admin

Postby Jeremyrowell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:34 am

Looks amazing... New it would though. Going to the Super Cruise Car show in March?

Postby Bill » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:20 am

So I didn't like dragging a gas hose inside the bronco . So I cut off the neck at the tank filler neck welded a piece of 2 inch pipe at a slant inline with where I wanted to mount the new filler cap . Then made a bracket to bolt to the role cage I drilled and tapped 2, 5/16 holes in the bar. I had 2 chrome bolts left over from a bolt kit I bought which was supposed to be for a ford intake manifold , (bolt kits seem to never have the right bolts) . They were laser cut with a ford logo on them so that was pretty neat. Got a piece of clear hose from H&S hose . That hose is not rated for gas. I will have to see if it lasts very long. I had an old stainless boat style gas cap I'd saved for years . I polished it a bit and used it.
Attachments
IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_0118-90.jpg
IMG_0117-90.jpg

Postby Bill » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:59 am

I initially put this bar in the wrong location . Seems easy enough to just set the intake and plenum on and just go around them right? Ya not for me!! I left it off for a year . It would only be a necessary element if I were off roading where connecting the shock hoops would be needed for strength. Finally bent up a piece , went right past the plenum and welded that sucker up. Darren a friend of a friend powder coated it for me in his garage. I went to a charity car show at the Fairgrounds in the rain with the Trailblazers and won a sponsors choice award.
Attachments
IMG_0202.jpg
IMG_0212-1.jpg

Postby Bill » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:09 am

Then headed to the downtown car show on Chester ave. and won a trophy for best in show in the lifted truck category ... I don't thing think there was even 4 trucks there. I did however beat out a guy in a bad ass 70 Bronco from Paso. His Bronco was way clean . Id seen it before at the Pismo show. You know what I thought was a little off kilter. They had these bebop dressed girls running around there with the show. When it came time for the trophy presentation they found this freakin biker looking fat bellied ,, just got paroled looking guy to hand out the trophies. Oh well a trophy is a trophy.
Attachments
IMG_0359-1.jpg

Postby Bill » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:21 am

Mean while . I contact Bronco driver magazine about putting ol yeller on the cover. My daughter who is a photographer, shows up from Colorado and I go down to the back yard of some friends of friends to take some pics by the killer Kern river. They complained they were not taken vertically like a magazine cover . Well they never mentioned that so we sent more with one that was vertical and the guys said we are sending it to the graphics dept, which means his brother-in-law at the next desk over.
Attachments
DSC_6866-1-1.jpg
DSC_6770-1-1.jpg

Postby Bill » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:50 pm

I called and told the guys at Bronco Driver about my bronco and they wanted to put it on the cover ,, cool
Attachments
IMG_1079.JPG

Site Admin

Postby Jeremyrowell » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:45 am

Super clean Bill!

Previous

Return to Readers Rides- Post Pics Here