Bill's Early Bronco build

Re: Bill's Early Bronco build

Postby Bill » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:39 pm

Used my torch to heat up one spot then put a super wet dish towel on the heated spot . It immediately shrunk up I did it in several places , you can see from the yard stick laying flat on the door that it sucked it right up.
Attachments
IMG_4865.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG
IMG_4869.JPG

Postby Bill » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:42 pm

THEN TO CLEAN IT UP WITH BONDO , BONDO WILL BE ABOUT AN 1/8 IN THE THICKEST SPOTS
Attachments
IMG_4870.JPG

Postby Bill » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:53 pm

In the mean time , I was in dilemma about wind wings and how to make them look good. My brother cleaned his all up painted them , actually put new glass in them ,, big job . I searched for an alternative . I knew I had seen a place that made one piece glass windows for doors. I searched for several days using my keen investigative skills I finally found them at a place called mikesmetalworx.com . The guy had a friend with a bronco and they decided to design a one piece window the kit was like 700 . Came with all the goodies , new regulator , all the rubber molding all brand new. So I broke the piggy bank using a harbor freight autobody hammer and bought them. They look like the pic .
Attachments
17738_13607_popup.jpg
17738_13607_popup.jpg (90.35 KiB) Viewed 8488 times

Postby Bill » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 pm

BILL AND mARSHA HEADED OUT OF THE COLD WEATHER FOR A WHILE ,, HERE WE COME Jamaica MON.
Attachments
IMG_4339-up.jpg

Postby Bill » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:56 am

Home safe and started back up ,, I ordered new doors because of 2 reasons , the passenger side was way too fay gone to fixe and because of the labor involved in fixing the big assed hole in the door where some numb nuts put a speaker .
Attachments
IMG_4944.jpg
IMG_4938.JPG

Postby Bill » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:00 am

So fixed the speaker hole in the door. the one pic op above , where allot is missing is my donor door. The other hole you see is the door I had to fix, and then the finished product.
Attachments
IMG_4943.JPG

Postby Bill » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:28 am

The continuing saga of a guy doing body work who does not know how to do body work: As I said I ordered new doors , the main reason is because the driver door simply would not line up. No matter what I did. I got the new door from Wildhorses4X4 and discovered the existing door was not crooked or warped after all , it was the door post. I sent one door back and they refunded me. I kept the passenger door, it was the shiz nit. So out of frustration I watched some youtube vids and saw a guy straighten out the bottom protruding part of a Bronco door (my problem) by putting a jack under the body mount and jacking it back into alignment. I did that , as well as many other similar things . It never got straight. ENTER-Butch Hicks. So I see my new neighbor unloading several hot rods out of an enclosed trailer. I stop to speak with him and found out I knew the guy . Butch used to have a hotrod shop on Summner st for 15 years. When working patrol I would sneak by his place and look at all the cool stuff. While there I signed a few VIN verifications for him. I discussed the issue with him and he said , "I'll take a look at it". After several chat sessions with Butch he devised a plan for me to straighten up the door. Every couple of days he would come by and asses my work and add new/updated suggestions. Sure as shit . The door is now straight , thanks to Butch.
Attachments
IMG_4930-1.jpg

Postby Bill » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:30 am

Bought DOM pipe yesterday , putting motor in today just for set up , I will keep you updated.

Postby Bill » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:36 am

Put the motor in temporarily so I could build core support and mount the radiator, fan, AC condensor and mount the battery. Here is the DOM pipe I bought ,,, HA HA I only had to do it once ,, That's a rare day.
Attachments
IMG_4960.JPG

Postby Bill » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:48 am

I bought these little shiny original radiator (bottom pic) do dads from Wildhorses 4x4 I tried for 2 days to figure a way to make them work. To no avail I failed. I did use the rubber in them , then fabbed some out of some 1x1 inch Sq tubing (middle pic). I stuffed the rubber inside those things. I used a piece of round 1/4 wall pipe to weld to the the bar (top pic) for the radiator mount then I drilled and tapped it to 3/8's. I'll get a button head stainless from budget bolt and polish it to spruce it up a bit. I will powder coat these yellow.
Attachments
IMG_4967.JPG
IMG_4971.JPG
IMG_4968.JPG

PreviousNext

Return to Readers Rides- Post Pics Here