Swamp Lake July 26-28.

Set Runs Posted Here.
Site Admin

Swamp Lake July 26-28.

Postby Jeremyrowell » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:37 am

From Richard:
We're looking at the last weekend in July for Swamp Lake trail this year, which would be July 26-28. Leave from Dinky Creek Fri morning, camp Fri and Sat nights at the lake, finish the trail on Sun. Great trail, great scenery, great campsite. Who's going?

I'll post up directions and stuff when it gets closer.

Site Admin

Re: Swamp Lake July 26-28.

Postby Jeremyrowell » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:18 pm

Directions to meeting:
Take Hwy 168 from Fresno east about an hour to Shaver Lake. As you are coming into the town of Shaver Lake make a right turn onto Dinkey Creek Rd, where there is a sign saying Wishon and Courtright Reservoirs. Go about 12-15 miles on Dinkey Creek Rd and look for another sign saying Wishon and Courtright Reservoirs, and make a right turn at the sign onto McKinley Grove Rd. You'll immediately cross the bridge over Dinkey Creek then go about a 1/4 mile and you'll see two roads that go to the left, one cuts back sharply and goes to Camp Fresno, and the other one is 10S36, make a left turn onto 10S36 and immediately turn into the trees on the right, which will be our camp.

Site Admin

Re: Swamp Lake July 26-28.

Postby Jeremyrowell » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:52 am

Update on this. I will be leading the trip in for any that want to go in a day early. We can meet ant the Dinkey creek Campground at 8:30am Thursday the 25th.
The main group will be going in on Friday Morning the 26th (also meet at 8:30). There may be a group going in on Saturday, but I have not confirmed that yet. We are going to run the trail BACKWARDS this time. That will make the trip in on day 1 a bit longer, but the trip out on Sunday will be shorter. For any that would like to go in with me on Thursday, let me know and I will look for you at camp. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

Return to Upcoming Runs