Burn Survivors run April 27th

Set Runs Posted Here.
Site Admin

Burn Survivors run April 27th

Postby Jeremyrowell » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:46 am

Meet at Chevron at 7 leave @ 7:30am. Kernville at 9am. After taking some burn survivors on a short run, we will head up on another run. Ken will be posting more info on this run.

Re: Burn Survivors run April 27th

Postby puttputt56 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:52 pm

The Bakersfield Trail Blaszers are going to help out the KCFD Burn Survivor's Trust Family Camp Out on April 27th (Saturday) 2013! We are meeting up at Mesa Marin Cheveron Station @ 0700 and leaving for Kernville at 0730 (about an hour and half drive)! Hoping to arrive @ Kernville (Frandy Park) just over the Kern River Bridge in Kernville on the right hand side heading East about 0930 ! We as a Jeep Club will be giving rides to the Burn Survivor's and their families. The rides will be around Kernville and maybe down to the Lake. We are looking at a 30 minute ride out of the Camp Site and a 30 minute ride back to the Camp Site ( 1 hour total) give or take!! Some of these kids have never been around a Jeep, encluding their parents. Hoping this will be a fun and learning event for them and the Club members!!

This organization had put this event on for 17 years straight, then it was stopped for about 10 plus years. They are trying to bring it back so they are going at it slow (small group this year) to see how well it goes. This year it is closed to just Kern County Burn Survivor's and the ones that have gone through our newly opened Burn Unit @ SJCH (SJCH Grossman's Burn Unit has now been open for about 4 years with about 1,800 Burn Patients going through the Burn Unit)! As a Burn Survivor myself I have been doing this type of volunteering for 15 years.
My wife and I are Volunteers for SJCH Grossmans Burn Unit and we do the Monthly Burn Survivor's Support Group Sessions (first Monday of each month @ SJCH)!!

Return to Upcoming Runs