King Of The Hammers

Set Runs Posted Here.
Site Admin

King Of The Hammers

Postby Jeremyrowell » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:19 am

There will be multiple groups heading to KOH this year. Some are going as early as Feb 30th ( A week before the big race). I will be heading out there Feb 5th leaving bake around 5 or 6pm if anyone wants to tag along. If you have not been there before, heading East on 247 make a left onto Boone Rd. It is a small dirt rd that should have plenty of signs. The TB group will be just past the small bridge on the left. If anyone has any questions let me know!
Attachments
KOH camp.png

Re: King Of The Hammers

Postby Jimmiej450 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Not to nitpick, but anyone who goes on Feb 30 will be a tad late, and in the Twilight Zone! :o
Jim Johnston
Black XJ

Site Admin

Postby Jeremyrowell » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Good catch... Meant January!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Postby puttputt56 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Jeremy as usual I have another event to attend just before the KH. I well be in Phoenix, Arizona on Jan. 26,27,28 &29 attending the IAFF Burn survivor's Summit. I hope to be able to at least stop by on our way home. Would like to see it for the first time since it might not happen again (land use thing). Question how far off the road is the small bridge? We will not be in our Jeep, will be in the Tundra (2wd). Hope to be able to catch some of it!! Kenneth

Site Admin

Postby Jeremyrowell » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:48 pm

If memory serves it is about 2- 2 1/2 miles. Seems like it takes about 15-20 minutes to drive it in my motorhome! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 am

puttputt56 wrote:Jeremy as usual I have another event to attend just before the KH. I well be in Phoenix, Arizona on Jan. 26,27,28 &29 attending the IAFF Burn survivor's Summit. I hope to be able to at least stop by on our way home. Would like to see it for the first time since it might not happen again (land use thing). Question how far off the road is the small bridge? We will not be in our Jeep, will be in the Tundra (2wd). Hope to be able to catch some of it!! Kenneth

The bridge is about 2.5 miles off the pavement, as Jeremy said, but that dirt road is a well maintained, graded road. I was there last week, and they even graded it while I was out there over New Year's. The camp site, as well as the lake bed, are both accessible by car; I've seen them out there. One of the gals with us over NYE had to work on Monday, so she brought her car up and went in to Victorville to meet clients.

Your Tundra should have no problems, even if you want to take it clear down to the lake bed, although you probably won't go as fast as the Jeeps....

Postby abendx » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:31 am

In for a delivery on the 30th to wheel!!

What time does everyone plan on being there?

Site Admin

Postby Jeremyrowell » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:55 pm

Well, that's the old retired guy group that can't use a computer. Hard to tell when they will roll up. :lol: :lol:

Postby abendx » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Yeah... I know. I guess I make a call the day before to see when they are rolling. :)

Site Admin

Postby Jeremyrowell » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:36 am

Got this update today from Joey:

I thought i would update you on KOH plans. we're meeting at Edison Rd offramp and heading out by 9 am on the 30th. if anybody is coming in after dark i have a big blinking red led light i will put up to mark the campsite. i know of at least 9 rigs going at this time, with others coming in over the next week if anybody has any questions feel free to give them my ph# thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Next

Return to Upcoming Runs