Last Chance Feb 22 2015

Last Chance Feb 22 2015

Postby jdeegan » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:38 pm

Eleven rigs made there way to Jawbone, leaving the Shell at 8 a.m. Unfortunately Gene melted his hubs by the time we made the trail. Once I found the trail about 9:30 a.m., we quickly progressed to the Crevice where Jeremy and Michael cruised through. We then took a hard left before reaching the normal lunch spot, which meant we climbed up to the peaks between Last Chance and Nightmare. After some circuitous navigation, we all made it to the tunnel--more or less. I have never seen so many people. It looked like a beach down south, with people and vehicles everywhere (admittedly lots of Jeeps). So those with children and/or interest in the tunnel, parked as close as practically and had lunch. We ended up with four groups (I think) of people (groups is liberal), for lunch. We then proceeded East in attempt to find the house under cables, but found the transmission tower and stiff winds. Proceeding down EP 100, we aired up and I left Jawbone by 4ish (as predicted). The only mishap was a foreign couple who had a dead battery, which we jumped (once the batter was found). Great Day! Best trip with 10 rigs I have every been on. Sorry for not getting all the names but here goes an attempt: President Jeremy and his two favorite youngest; Joe C.; Jack C. and company; Michael, spouse, and kids; Mike ?; Jimmy J.; Gene and Son-in-law; Jeremy and his Dad (sorry, and now the memory fades); Bill and Bob; your tailgunner Greg Engle & Jim R.; and Trial Leader for the Day (Jess). Check out my pics at
http://jfdiigigi.smugmug.com/Trailblaze ... e-2222015/
JFDII

Site Admin

Re: Last Chance Feb 22 2015

Postby Jeremyrowell » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:46 pm

It was a great time. We ran into the Gear Grinders run that had 20 rigs at the tunnel. 30+ rigs there is a bit tight!

Thanks for leading this run Jess!

Return to Run Reports