Swamp Lake 2014

Site Admin

Swamp Lake 2014

Postby Jeremyrowell » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:33 am

What a great time on the Swamp Lake trail. It went by soo friken fast! Myself and Nick and a friend from Naxja drove in Thursday morning. hit the trail a little after ten. Trail was in good condition and there was one freshly fallen tree. It was a bit rotten, so we were able to drive over/ through it. we made it to grouse lake at a little after 2. Nick took some pics and headed back out so it was just my family and al from Naxja and his son at the lake. In the evening there was some great thunder booms, and at about 8pm it started sprinkling. As I was taking pics it really started coming down. hoped in the tent with my 3 daughters and found that my tent was NOT waterproof! jumped back out and pulled the tarp from below the tent and strapped it above the tent. All was good after that. The storm hammered us with thunder, rain, lightning and hail for about 2 hours. My kids enjoyed being out in the elements.

The next day it was nice and clear and we enjoyed the place to ourselves until about 1 when Richard G. and about 5 other rigs rolled in. They set up their camps and we all hung out for the remainder of the weekend. Weather was great and the bugs were pretty much non-existent. It was pretty un-eventful… one of the Naxja guys rolled his kayak in the lake and lost his glasses. Took about 2 hours searching the lake to find them the next day.

We pulled out of camp around 11am on Sunday and had one cut tire. I got back to my trailer at Dinkey Creek about 5pm and home a little after 8pm. Was a really great time, and I hope more of you can make it out there next year.

Site Admin

Re: Swamp Lake 2014

Postby Jeremyrowell » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:41 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to Run Reports