NIghtmare NOT

NIghtmare NOT

Postby jdeegan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:10 pm

First off, we now know why David Simmons told us on the 19th that Nightmare is closes, because NIGHTMARE IS CLOSED! PERMANENTLY! Could be true. It was closed today, and according to the Park Ranger has been officially since Oct. 10. Explain that folks?
This was by far my favorite canyon. Hopefully Kenneth Putnam has the contact that could help! BTW, I am willing to be the contact if we adopt this trail! Seriously, I will head up the committee, schedule work, crack the whip, etc. WE HAVE TO SAVE THIS CANYON for us who four-wheel! Trailbikes, etc. :evil:

That said! Four vehicles left Bakersfield for the run, which eventually was Last Chance, and up above Nightmare to the road. Great Time, considering.
Leading out was Jeff and Jess (yours' truly), followed by Nick and Ken, Mark in a stock FJ, and Mike, Melissa & Thor. Mike (from Infectious) and me had both been through Nightmare so this arrangement made since. We played where we could, Ken and Nick guided Mark and more, and I hope everyone had some challenges!
Picks are posted at http://jfdiigigi.smugmug.com/Trailblaze ... ccess-Runs
JFDII

Re: NIghtmare NOT

Postby dave49 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:19 am

Jess, if you need help with this project (Save Nightmare Gulch) I know the Wrangler forum will help. Let me Know what we can do. Dave

Return to Run Reports